As our skin ages, we become more aware of the products we use on our skin as much as the food we are putting inside our bodies. Our skin absorbs nutrients and eliminates toxins. Nutrients from the earth are filled with anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals, and fatty acids which help cleanse, moisturize, heal, and revitalize.
We, at Cinda’s Botanical Blends, are dedicated to creating products for your skin that will do just that. By using a special method of processing, along with the use of natural raw materials, we create, for you, a special blend that will keep your skin healthy and radiant.
Every product is kept pure, fresh, and alive to retain the nutrients so important to healthy skin. By infusing your skin with natural botanicals from mother nature, you will see a visible change and powerful results without the use of chemicals, parabens, pesticides, sulphates, or any caustic substances that could not only damage the skin, but lead to imbalances, clogged pores, severe sensitivities, or allergic of adverse reactions.
At Cinda’s Botanical Blends, a holistic approach is taken to handcraft custom blended skin care especially for you. We recommend four very important steps in taking care of your skin: Cleansing, toning, exfoliating, moisturizing.
Most skin problems are caused by over cleansing of the skin, using harsh products. This creates so many problems, as the skin tries to correct itself. Nature provides gentle cleansers, made with antiseptic essential oils and organic base ingredients, such as apricot kernel oil, jojoba, sweet almond, avocado, peach kernel, rosehip, and even caster oil. We use all cold pressed organic oils in our blends appropriate for your skin type.
Toniques and Toners are used to not only adjust the PH level of the skin, but can also remove any traces of dirt left after cleansing.
We use hydrolate waters in our toners to give the skin therapeutic value. Hydrolates are homeopathic waters, a by-product of the steam-distillation process of essential oils. They contain micronized particles of the oils and penetrate the skin to deliver their intended purpose.
Exfoliant masques are used to recharge your skin by minimizing pores, wrinkles and fine lines, adding moisture, exfoliating dead skin cells, clearing away excess oils, or simply slowing the aging process. A Masque can give your skin a good dose of vitamins, anti-oxidants, and essential fatty acids.
Cinda’s favorite Exfoliating Masque is made with real organic fruits containing natural AHA’s. Papaya and pineapple supply fruit enzymes that break down protein bonds and release dead skin cells. Natural fruit AHA, a concentrated blend of five botanical extracts: Bilberry, Sugar Cane, Sugar Maple, Orange, and Lemon is added to promote smoother, younger looking skin by increasing the rate of cell removal and also delivers excellent moisturizing properties.
Clay masques deep cleanse and draw impurities from the pores. We use a variety of clays in cleansing lotions and also as masques. White clay is used for sensitive skin-Pink clay for dry sensitive-Yellow clay for normal, and Green clay for oily types. Clays contain minerals and active enzymes. When used in a masque, they stimulate circulation as well as tone the skin—essential oils can be added to enhance the performance of the treatment. Other masques are used for firming, moisturizing, soothing, and infusing vitamins and minerals into the skin.
Serums can either be in liquid or gel base. They have the power to penetrate the skin instantly. Plant serums are used in holistic skin care because they contain natural amino acids that help to regulate and condition the skin and are essential in correcting skin imbalances and revitalizing a dull complexion. They are custom blended skin conditioners. Facial massage can be done with any one of our custom blended serums to stimulate blood circulation to the tissues, increasing the supply of nutrients and oxygen. By massaging, heat is created, which allows the therapeutic oils to penetrate the skin. The muscles relax and open the blood flow and supply nutrients that feed the skin
Moisturisers are simply an emulsion of oil and water. Skin becomes dehydrated from sun, harsh cleansers, and aging. Moisturisers are either hydrophilic or occlusive. The molecular structure of hydrophilic moisturisers enables them to keep the skin soft and pliant, by retaining water and binding it in the skin. The occlusive moisturisers have a larger molecular structure that forms a layer on the skin, preventing moisture loss. We use pure organic vegetable oils in our blends—some partially absorbed by the skin, thus providing moisturizing properties to our products—others providing an outer layer of protection and a barrier against inclement weather, etc., thereby helping to retain moisture.
The following information may help you understand about the Botanicals we use in our skin care, and how complex and powerful ingredients can be when they come from nature.
- Essential Oils are derived from flowers, leaves, seeds, roots, and resins. They are highly concentrated and are used to promote health and well-being. They are antiseptic, analgesic, anti-inflammatory, and anti-viral. Holistic skin care uses therapeutic grade essential oils extracted with steam-distillation, without the use of harsh solvents or through adulteration.
- The oils enter our bodies in two ways: by inhalation or through the skin. Stress has a big influence on the health of our skin, and oils such as lavender and clary sage can calm our senses, simply by inhalation. Because they are fat soluble, they can also penetrate the skin through the capillary network and have a systemic effect as they circulate throughout our body.
- VEGETABLE OILS, or carrier oils, are used as a base to dilute essential oils, due to their high concentration, before they are applied to the skin, either in massage or in the formulation of skin care. By-products of the petrochemical industry, such a mineral oil, petrolatum, or paraffin, will do, but they do not let the skin breathe, and may act as a barrier for nutrients to enter the skin. In contrast, vegetable oils, cold pressed from nuts, seeds, flowers, and plants, without chemical extraction, have the ability to help maintain cellular structure.
These oils contain many organic compounds, such as GLA, essential for collagen production, phytosterols, plant hormones, antioxidants, and vitamins. They have long been used around the world for their ability to heal the body. The oils we use come from Madagascar, Hawaii, Tahite, Central Africa, Brazil, Ecuador, Austria, India, Australia, etc. Each oil has its own unique properties and value.
- Herbal Extracts are derived from a variety of plants, herbs, flowers, and sea plants, by infusing them in plant based alcohol or a vegetable based glycerin. Co2’s’are very concentrated and are added to blends for their therapeutic properties.
- Hydrolates are the by-product of the steam-distillation process used to extract essential oils from the plants. When plant material is exposed to steam, volatile therapeutic components are released into the water. The oil is drawn off, leaving the hydrosol, containing particles of the essential oil from the herb or flower. These waters are used in our toniques and masques, and also our creams..